Indian & International Trademarks Registry
Easlegal Partners’ counsels a wide range of clients across industry sectors in the trademark practice. Apart from trademark, our firm advises on how to create, protect, safeguard, enforce and monetize valuable intellectual property assets ranging from patents, copyrights and designs to confidential information.
We provide following services in trademark search, registration, infringement & litigation:
- Filing and prosecuting Trade Mark and Service Mark applications at the Indian Trademarks Registry
- Filing and prosecuting Trade Mark and Service Mark applications internationally with the cooperation of our foreign associates or under the Madrid Protocol
- Infringement and validity opinion
- Litigation: opposition, revocation, rectification, appeals, criminal and civil suits for infringement and passing off, anti-counterfeit action
- Appellate Board proceedings
- Trademark searches locally and internationally
- Post-registration services
- Assignment, Licensing and Franchising
Easlegal Partners’ counsels a wide range of clients across industry sectors in the copyright practice.
The Firm has been representing various clients in a large number of leading copyright matters involving copyright in databases, entertainment laws, software etc. in civil suits before various Courts including the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the Hon’ble Delhi High Court and actively represents clients before the Copyright Office and the Intellectual Property Appellate Board
We provide following services in copyright registration, infringement and litigation
- Filing and prosecuting applications for registration of Copyright in India and internationally
- Filling Compulsory License applications
- Litigation: Cancellation proceedings, appeals, civil suits and criminal actions for infringement
- Copyright Assignment & Licensing
- General advisory work related to copyright issues
- Anti-piracy measures
- Post Registration Services
- Assignment, licensing and transfer
- Specific agreements
3. Media & Entertainment
Media & Entertainment
EasLegal Partners has handled various copyright cases in the publishing industry, broadcasting industry and entertainment industry, amongst others. The Firm has been representing various clients in a large number of leading copyright matters involving entertainment laws, compulsory licensing FMCG industry etc. in civil suits before various Courts including the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the Hon’ble Delhi High Court and actively represents clients before the Copyright Office and the Intellectual Property Appellate Board.
We work with many types of talent in the following industries:
- Film and television
- Print and electronic media
4. Dispute Resolutions
EasLegal Partners offers a range of world class dispute resolution and avoidance services, and we inspire confidence in parties through our complete impartiality and the quality of our dispute resolvers.
We conduct arbitrations, mediations and negotiations on behalf of our clients and across every industry including construction, real estate, information technology, banking and finance and infrastructure.
We provide following services:
- Determining a dispute resolution strategy
- Drafting necessary pleadings and statements
- Liaising with specialised counsel
Our firm has also represented leading corporate houses and multinationals before the Securities & Exchange Board of India and the Securities Appellate Tribunal.
5. Intellectual Property (IPR)
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Transfer of Intellectual Property
EasLegal Partners’ counsels a wide range of clients related to commercialisation & transfer of intellectual property rights.
Transfers can be effected through:
Our firm provide comprehensive services throughout the process by:
- Identifying potential partners via in-depth market research
- Conducting Due Diligence
- Negotiating mutually-beneficial terms and conditions
- Preparing agreements
- Continuous consultation until the transfer is completed
EasLegal Partners’ Intellectual Property (IP) business practice is a market-leading group, which counsels a wide range of clients across industry sectors.
We have extensive experience drafting and negotiating legal documents from basic assignments to highly complex agreements. Our broad experience provides our clients with the confidence that transactions will be completed promptly and efficiently.
Types of agreements we handle:
- Business transfer
- Technology transfer
- Assignment, licensing, franchising
- Joint venture
- Confidentiality & non-disclosure
- Vendors & distributors
- IP components of Mergers & Acquisitions
Copyrights related Agreements
- Assignment Agreement for Literary Works, Sound Recordings, Mobile/Digital Rights, Publication Rights, Film Rights, Broadcasting Rights, Computer programs and the like.
- License Agreements for Publication of Literary Works, Sound Recordings, Mobile/Digital Rights, Digital and Mobile Sound and Visual Clippings, Publication Rights, Film Rights, Broadcasting, computer programs and the like.
- Assignments and licenses for the Entertainment industry.
Trade Mark related Agreements
- Assignment Agreement (with or without goodwill)
- Franchise Agreement
- Registered User Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Endorsement Agreements
6. Capital Markets
At EasLegal partners, We offer a winning edge sharpened by knowledge, research and experience in the field of Capital Market to create wealth for our customers. Our team’s key expertise has been to structure and work on handling matters related to equity offerings in the domestic market.
Our work includes advising on matters related to:
- Advising on Public Offerings
- Buy Back
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Rights issue
- Due Diligence
7. Bankruptcy & Insolvency
Bankruptcy & Insolvency
EasLegal Partners has a well-rounded sizeable practice of both litigation and non-litigation work in the area of Insolvency and Restructuring. We have advised our clients on Individual and corporate bankruptcy, cross border insolvencies and group insolvencies etc. We leverage our experience across numerous practice areas to identify key challenges arising in restructuring advisory, addressing concerns of all interested parties to deliver comprehensive and seamless legal services to our clients. Our detailed and comprehensive strategies address a wide range of issues that are faced during restructuring by underperforming or distressed companies in the private and public sector. We are recognised as being very innovative, pragmatic and master strategists in achieving the objectives of our clients and aggressive in enforcing recovery for them while being regulatory compliant and avoiding reputational risks.
Our expertise covers legal and commercial advice on matters including:
- Negotiations with creditors for settlements and restructuring;
- Negotiations / Arrangements with creditors and members;
- Multi-lateral/ Bi-lateral Debt restructuring with lenders;
- Corporate Restructuring based on Mergers/Amalgamation/ Demergers/ Hive off/Take over/Acquisitions etc
- Acting as Lawyers/Advisors to RP/COC/Liquidator and Representation before NCLT/NCLAT/High Courts and Supreme Court of India;
- Analysis of Resolution Plans in terms of compliance with provisions of IBC 2016.
- Formal insolvency/ liquidation / bankruptcy filing and conducting proceedings before the court (NCLT/DRT) through Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016;
- Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT) including SAs under the Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (SARFAESI);
- Legal & Transactional Due Diligence;
- Liquidations under IBC 2016 & Voluntary Liquidations;
8. Mergers & Acquisitions and General Corporate
Mergers, Acquisitions & General Corporate
EasLegal Partners’ has a well versed experience in the field of Mergers, Acquisitions and General Corporate and its practice in this area has been recognized as a country-leader for its best-in class counsel.
The legal expertise of the firm spans across diverse industries. The Firm is consistently ranked as a league-table leader, in terms of deal volume and deal leader
9. Business Setup Advisory (One Stop Solution)
Business Setup Advisory (One Stop Solution)
- Incorporation of Business
- Private Limited Company ( PLC ) Registration
- One Person Company (OPC) Registration
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Registration
- GST Compliant Private Limited Company ( PLC ) Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- Proprietorship Firm Registration
- NGO Registration ( Section 8 Company Registration )
10. Government Registration
All businesses need various government registrations based on the product/service they are rendering.
Import Export Code License
Shop and Establishment Act Registration (Shop License)
Permanent Account Number (PAN) for NRI
Professional Tax Registration (PTEC and PTRC)
FSSAI Registration (Food License)
Provident Fund Registration
Employee State Insurance (ESI) Registration
11. Taxation & Regulatory Services
Taxation and Regulatory Services
Our taxation consultancy solutions provide absolute control to our clients, enabling them to align their strategies with the constant change in tax policies and regulations.
Complex issues are handled effectively by our highly efficient team of professionals.
Direct Tax Related Matters
A business entity needs to file various tax returns such as Business Income Tax Return, TDS, TCS etc.
For an incorporated organisation, we can assist in streamlined Tax Return Preparation & Filing.
GST has replaced most Central and State level indirect taxes like VAT, ServIce tax, Excise etc from 1st July, 2017. Get your Business compliant under GST and file periodic returns under experts’ guidance.
- Goods And Services Tax (GST) Registration
- Amendment of Goods And Services Tax (GST) Registration
- GST Filing – GSTR – 1 , 3B
- GST Filing – GSTR-4 (Composition Supplier)
- GST E-way Bill Service
- Letter of Undertaking (LUT)
- GSTR 9 Filing
- Cancellation or Surrender of GST Registration
- Advisory Related to GST Matters